30 Reasons to Run the Fit Foodie 5k
Published on November 11th, 2013
The Fit Foodie 5K on November 23rd is a race for the “foodie’s” in all of us. If you run to eat or eat to run, look no further! If you’re on the fence, here are 30 reasons to run the Fit Foodie 5K in San Diego:
Top 30 Reasons
1. Run along the beautiful San Diego waterfront.
2. Celebrate in a cool Finishers Village.
3. Get discounted tickets to the San Diego Bay Wine and Food Festival.
4. Say ‘om’ during Yoga demos.
5. It’s for a good cause: Big Brothers Big Sisters.
6. Meet editors of Cooking Light Magazine.
7. Do your Thanksgiving race before the rush of Thanksgiving.
8. Eat at some awesome food stations!
9. Indulge in the Stella beer tasting.
10. Meet celebrity yogi trainer Kristin McGee.
11. Get some fresh air.
12. Win a medal: medals go to the top participants in each age group.
13. Enjoy Cupcake Vineyards wine tastings.
14. Experience a fun run. Not all runs have a fun vibe but this one does.
15. Watch some amazing chef demos.
16. Stretch with the group prerace. Health Magazine leads it.
17. Join the VIP dinner the night before the race.
18. Listen to some fitness discussions at the Finishers Village.
19. Meet editors of Health Magazine.
20. Get your photo taken at the Citi Photo Finish booth.
21. Eat at some food trucks.
22. Make some new friends. It’s no myth that San Diego runners are friendly!
23. Pick up some new and cool holiday recipes.
24. Visit some cool companies at the Finishers Village, like Crest Pro Health and Sweet Cheeks Baking Company.
25. Have a chance to win lots of giveaways.
26. Receive a stylish Fit Foodie 5K T-shirt.
27. Burn some calories!
28. No time limit to finish the course…that means you can stop and eat wherever you want.
29. Bragging rights. You’re a foodie and a runner!
30. Get $20 off the registration fee by visiting the Facebook event page.