Healthy Living Guide to a Starbucks Addict
Published on January 18th, 2013
It should be no surprise that most americans who drink coffee are slightly addicted to Starbucks. If visiting the nearest Starbucks has become a daily ritual for you, then you may want to know about the healthiest ways to keep up that addiction and keep the fat and calories to a minimum.
In this article I want to share with you the low calorie drink and food options available at Starbucks. I will also share a few Starbucks do’s and don’ts so that way your next visit to your favorite coffee house is a healthier visit than your last.
Check out these low calorie options below
Stick to the drinks under 200 calories. Your taste buds may not be thanking you as much, but your torso and thighs will have something to say about these delicious beverages. Check out the Starbucks list of drinks under 200 calories.
If you really need something to eat make sure it is no more than 350 calories. Also, instead of eating that croissant once a day, maybe you should change it up a bit and eat a banana. But, if your will-power isn’t strong enough and you are truly famished then be sure to stick to one of the items listed below 350 calories.
Now… A few do’s and don’ts:
Next visit at Starbucks do:
- Split that muffin, donut, or bagel in half and save the other half for a post lunch snack.
- Ask for low-fat or soymilk, instead of whole milk.
- Order a skinny option for your latte if one is available, such as a Skinny Peppermint Mocha or Skinny Caramel Machiatto. Why not opt to have half the calories in your morning beverage? You may taste a little difference but It’s still an enjoyable drink, and perhaps, now those love handles won’t be such a handful.
Next visit at Starbucks don’t:
- Order the Venti size if a Grande will satisfy you just fine.
- Order those delicious cold frappuccinos that taste so good yet bloat you so well. You know which ones I’m talking about… The Double Chocolate Chip frappuccino or the Cinnamon Dolce Creme frappuccino… Just because you didn’t eat anything all day, doesn’t mean you are going to lose weight. In fact you can easily drink yourself to obesity if you order one of these everyday.
- Finally… Please don’t be rude to your barista… Because they can easily turn that low-fat skinny latte into an extra whip whole milk sugar filled heart attack. After all, being nice is just common courtesy.
With many options comes many temptations, so be sure to control those temptations. Don’t consume all your calories at the local coffee shop, this is just suppose to get your day started or help you get your caffeine fix mid-way through your day.