Paleo Scallop Carrot Latkes
Published on August 6th, 2013
Lunch is served at the Go Time Fitness kitchen! We put a Paleo & seafood spin on a traditional Jewish dish. Originally made with potatoes, we used shredded carrots, eggs, seafood (scallops and crab) & bacon. You can use any kind of meat you’d like – get creative and be hungry, because this spinoff is delish!
• 3 cups shredded carrots (you can buy them pre-shredded at any Asian grocery store)
• 2-3 eggs (If you want a more pancake-like consistency, add more)
• ½ cup chopped green and red onions
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
• Your choice amount: pieces of bacon
• Your choice amount: chopped seafood of choice (crab, scallops, shrimp, etc. all work great)
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix ingredients into a large bowl. Don’t be shy – we used our hands!
2. Heat a frying pan on medium heat, grease with a bit of olive oil.
3. Fry approx. 2 min on each side, or until browned.
4. Serve hot. Latkes can be frozen for later use!
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE THE BELOW RECIPE CARD!