Published on December 22nd, 2013
You know how it goes… You eat a healthy dinner, sit down to watch a little TV, and then those evening cravings start sneaking in. It’s challenging to keep your mind and mouth from indulging in those late night temptations; but, luckily, we’ve got you covered with 7 quick tips to help you control those cravings:
- Brush your teeth as soon as you are done eating dinner. Nothing tastes good after you have brushed your mouth with fresh mint.
- Chew a piece of gum. Sometimes keeping your mouth busy is all you need to prevent yourself from evening indulging.
- Have a glass of tea. A warm cup of tea can soothe your stomach and make it feel more full. Green tea is always a good choice. According to WebMD Grean Tea has shown in many studies to raise metabolic rates!
- Go to bed earlier. Sometimes going to bed earlier will prevent those evening snack attacks from happening. Plus, more sleep is always good for your health.
- Eat dinner a little later. Sometimes preparing dinner a little later will help since you won’t have as much time between dinner and bed time.
- Drink a large glass of water. Having a large glass of water will leave you feeling more full without the extra calories.
- Keep busy before dinner. Most of the time late night cravings will come from boredom so go for an evening walk, break out a jigsaw puzzle, or open a book.
Make sure to do whatever you can to keep your mind off of eating. The more you think about what you can munch on, the deeper you will fall into the temptation.
Did we miss something in the quick tips above let us know in the comments below. How do you tame your late night munching monsters?